- Location: Kiryat Shmona, Northern Israel (near the Lebanese border)
- Kiryat Shmona is a strategic city for Israel. Many soldiers pass through here as they go to various bases.
- The Canteen exists to offer free food and comfort to traveling soldiers.
- Due to the poor condition of this establishment, the government mandated that it be shut down.
- Within a few days' time, the Almond Branch team went in and completely refurbished the whole place, saving it from being shut down.
- Today, many soldiers are thankful to Almond Branch as they continue to receive free food and refreshments on their journeys.
Being Israel's Northern most city, Kiryat Shmona, with a population of just over 23,000, is prone to rocket fire and hostile attacks from Israel's neighbor, Lebanon. The newly reconstructed Canteen serves as a morale boost for the IDF soldiers as it meets their needs for rest, refreshment and food. Many soldiers live below the poverty line and do not have finances to buy food while on their journeys across the country. The Almond Branch Initiative was able to fully refurbish the Canteen, including a new roof, upgraded electrical service, a deck and doubled the usable space of the facility.